According to the Article 7-1-2 of the Regulations Governing the Use of Uniform Invoices issued by Ministry of Finance on July 16, 2018, the business entity (prescribed in Subparagraph 4, Article 6 of the Act) shall issue cloud invoices to purchasers".
(2) In response to the requirements, Cross-border E-commerce Suppliers add accordingly the “Invoice Period” and “Invoice No.” to current consumer transaction information, and choose to add text of E-Invoice(include Cloud Invoice) issuance and promotional E-Invoice(include Cloud Invoice) carrier consolidation to transmitted consumer transaction information.
(3) The example for Cross-border E-commerce suppliers who choose to add text of E-Invoice(include Cloud Invoice) issuance and promotional E-Invoice(include Cloud Invoice) carrier consolidation to transmitted consumer transaction information, on website or others is as follows:
Starting from January 2019, we, (Name of supplier) will issue cloud invoices to individual consumers within Republic of China who purchase electronic services online from us. For your convenience of checking cloud invoices and claiming rewards, please download the mobile App of Ministry of Finance or go to "The E-Invoice Platform of Ministry of Finance" (https://einvoice.nat.gov.tw) and consolidate the carrier (consumer's email address) of your cloud invoices with the bar code on your cell phone so as to have the Ministry of Finance provide you the services of invoice inquiry, automatic prize checking and notice sending if a prize is won.
The Cross-border E-commerce suppliers can choose to upload E-Invoices(include cloud invoice) by value-adding centers or by themselves using Turnkey, the transmission software of Ministry of Finance.
(1) For value-adding centers to upload the E-Invoice(include cloud invoice), please go to "search for value-adding centers" on the E-Invoice Platform (the Platform) to search for the value-adding centers nearby.
(2) To upload E-Invoice(include cloud invoice) by themselves, please download Turnkey and test it on the Integrated Service Platform in order to receive Notice of Approval for online. The testing process basically includes “apply for Turnkey transmission”, “download and install Turnkey”, “apply online for transmission certificate” and “Turnkey online test”. The process descriptions are as follows:
- Apply for Turnkey Transmission: fill out online the form of "Application for Services of E-Invoice Platform (for the use of Cross-border E-commerce Suppliers Only)". After it was submitted successfully, the Platform will send a Notice of Approval for Turnkey of E-Invoice Platform via email address provided on the application in 14 days basically.
- Download and Install Turnkey: download the manual, the software and associated documents for Turnkey installation.
- Apply Online for Transmission Certificate: To transmit E-Invoice(include cloud invoice) by Turnkey, the transmission must be signed electronically through certificate to ensure the identity of transmitter is undeniable. Please go to the Mixed Organization Certification Authority (XCA) and apply online for "Non-IC Card Certificate for Organization and Group", then import the certificate to Turnkey and register it with the Platform.
- Apply for Turnkey Online Test:After "Non-IC Card Certificate for Organization and Group" has been imported to Turnkey, proceed the online test and obtain Notice of Approval so as to ensure the accuracy of E-Invoice(include cloud invoice) transmission. Please refer to the "E-Invoice Self-Test before Turnkey Goes Online (v4.4)" for reference. (Chinese Version) (English Version). Please complete the test in different scenarios according to the testing range. Written paper will need to be transformed to pdf files and uploaded to the Platform for review. On receipt of the files, the Technical Customer Service of E-Invoice will provide feedback in about 2-3 days (the responding time may vary depending on how many cases they received). After that, the Platform will send a Notice of Approval to those who pass the test and provide them with formal environment for E-Invoice(include cloud invoice) uploading.